Thanksgiving muffins that is packed with all the yummy ingredients of the season! If you love a muffin with a lot of spices and chunky ingredients this recipe is for you! Enjoy any time of the year but during the holidays they are another way to add cranberries to the menu. Consider them for a buffet, breakfast, or a compliment to a stew or soup! The aroma is unbelievable while they are baking – then add a bit of butter and they are heavenly. And if cranberries are not your thing… then consider what you might substitute!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Spicy Cranberry Apple and Carrots Muffins
Apple & Sugar Mixture
- 2 cups Apples peeled and chopped
- 1-1/3 cups Coconut Sugar
Vegetables & Nuts
- 1 cup Cranberries roughly chopped
- 1 cup Carrots shredded
- 1 cup Nuts chopped (walnuts or pecans)
- 2 Eggs organic
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2-1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- In a bowl, combine apples and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the Vegetable and Nut ingredients; mix well.
- Combine the Dry and Spice ingredients; stir into apple mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.