An awesome healthy cookie perfect for Valentine’s Day. Many of us have had our fill of empty calories from the holiday season and then the Super Bowl! Honestly it is a tough time of year to stay on a healthy track but yet still enjoy some fun desserts! Well look no further this cookie is on the healthier side including Quick Oats and Flaxseed Meal to reduce the flour (which is White Whole Wheat Flour). And the best part? They are absolutely delicious!!
Be sure to make two batches as they will go quickly! Plus, they make a wonderful gift! Enjoy these healthy cookies. Thank you for stopping by and we hope you visit again!
Recipe is from Wegmans.
A Healthy Whole Grain Cinnamon Oatmeal and Fruit Cookie
- 1 cup Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Assorted Dried Fruit
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and dark brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Add dried fruit and stir.
- Measure out a rounded tablespoon for smaller cookies to make about 30-cookies. Drop onto either an ungreased baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper. Bake between 9 to 11 minutes. The centers of this cookie will be soft and the edges should be a light brown.
- Let cookies rest a couple of minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Place in a decorative box or bag to provide as a gift!