This is not your Mother’s Chili! Guinness Turkey Chili is a hearty, thick chili recipe that is perfect as a meal or an appetizer. A wonderful blend of Chili Sauce and a lot of Chili Powder for some heat! The layering of flavors leaves you wanting more Chili! This is not a flat chili – be ready for a delicious meal! This easy to make Guinness Beer Chili is perfect for the Super Bowl or any Game Day event. Serve it for dinner with Cornbread or with Tortilla Chips as an appetizer. My preference is to make the Chili the day before serving allowing those wonderful flavors to blend together.Jump to Recipe
Guinness Draft Beer adds a nice undertone. I know. It can be hard to sacrifice a can of Guinness. But trust me, the additional layer of flavor is worth it! This is my favorite style of chili and I believe it was the best Chili with the addition of Guinness Beer. If needed you can substitute a can of Beef Broth.
Hearty Chili Recipe
We enjoy our Chili a little thicker; however, adding another can of crushed puree tomatoes will thin it out. The Chili did become a little thicker overnight so adding more crushed puree tomatoes or a little beef broth when reheating may be necessary. We found that 1-cup of Guinness Chili with some extra sharp Cheddar Cheese and cornbread muffin was sufficient for dinner.
Thick Chili Recipe
Yes, I know some people prefer a thinner chili that is more broth based than meat and beans. We enjoy our Chili a little thicker; however, adding more beer, another can of crushed puree tomatoes, or Beef Broth will thin it out. The Chili did become a little thicker overnight so adding more crushed puree tomatoes or a little beef broth when reheating may be necessary. The below Chili is perfect thickness for an appetizer.
Those of us who live in the Northeast of the US has been experiencing winter storms with frigid temperatures. On Wednesday we had a Winter Storm Warning (that means the storm is imminent). We progressed to a driving ban (yes you can get a ticket if caught driving during a ban). That led to a state of emergency and then a Blizzard Warning! When the National Weather Service issues a Blizzard Warning it typically means sustained winds or frequent gusts of 35 mph or greater for a period of 3 hours or more. For us it was high winds with white outs where visibility on the roads was pretty much zero. Our temperatures was -1 with wind chills of -21 fahrenheit or -29 celsius. Frostbite can happen in 30-minutes. A few days later and the temperature is spring like with 56 degrees fahrenheit. Now the concern is flooding.
Too Much Snow!
The below picture is from a prior winter storm. Arrived at work and it was a nice day. Later in the morning it started to snow just before I went into a luncheon meeting. Unfortunately it did not stop snowing! In a matter of a couple of hours, about three feet of snow buried our vehicles! Luckily I have a Jeep! Just put it into four-wheel drive and it just walked through the snow! We left work early but a 15-minute drive took a couple of hours!
Guinness Turkey Chili The Perfect Comfort Food!
Ingredients Step 1
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 pounds Ground Turkey
Ingredients Step 2
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 cup Green Pepper diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
Ingredients Step 3
- 2 oz Chili Powder or more to your taste
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
Ingredients Step 4
- 1 Guinness Draught or Beef stock (14.9-ounces)
- 24- ounces Chili Sauce medium or hotter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce reduced sodium
- 1 Crushed Puree Tomatoes 28 ounces
Ingredients Step 5
- 1 Dark Red Kidney Beans 15.5 oz drained and rinsed
- 1 Cannellini Beans 15.5 oz drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Chili Beans 16 oz drained and rinsed
Toppings I Use
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
Preparation Step 1
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and heat. Add ground turkey; cook for about 10-minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preparation Step 2
- While the turkey is cooking, cover the bottom of a large soup pot with olive oil and heat. Add chopped onions and green peppers. Simmer while ground turkey is cooking. Add the garlic just before adding the turkey and cook for a few minutes. Strain the cooked Ground Turkey and add to the soup pot and stir. If using Ground Beef, rinsed the cooked Ground Beef to remove excess fat.
Preparation Step 3
- Add ingredients from step 3. I like to stir the spices and chili powder into the turkey mixture before adding any liquids. That way the cooked turkey is evenly coated.
Preparation Step 4
- Add ingredients from step 4 and blend well. I like to incorporate each ingredient into the turkey mixture before adding the next ingredient. Simmer for an hour to blend the flavors.
Preparation Step 5
- Add your beans and simmer for another 30-minutes.
- Serve with sharp cheddar cheese and cornbread. You can serve the toppings in separate bowls so everyone can prepare their own bowl of chili. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
Other Game Day Recipes You May Enjoy
A High Protein Super Bowl Buffalo Wing Dip (Keto Friendly)
It is Super Bowl Sunday with Buffalo Style Meatballs!
Buffalo Style Potatoes with Crumbled Blue Cheese Dressing
Super Bowl Cast Iron Skillet Authentic Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza
Super Bowl Cast Iron Skillet Authentic Buffalo Wing Blue Cheese Pizza