Apple Cinnamon Cake
Do you love Apple Pie with its abundance of warm sliced apples covered in cinnamon? The inviting, warm aroma of apples and cinnamon filling the kitchen. Am I speaking to you? If so, I hope you try my Apple Cinnamon Cake with its generous serving of apples mixed with cinnamon sugar! The outer cake provides a firm shell for the moist, tender apple cake! Every forkful includes those yummy sliced apples! You can serve at room temperature or warm with homemade whipped topping!
Apple Cinnamon Cake Ingredients
We start with selecting our ingredients. And it is not a surprise that apples are a key ingredient. Some recipes call for only one or two apples. We wanted a cake where each forkful includes an apple. We start with 5 Honeycrisp apples with their sweet-tart flavor. Or use your own favorite baking apples. A pulp-free Orange Juice and vanilla made with Rum are the other key ingredients. The remaining ingredients are typically found in our pantry (eggs, sugar, cinnamon, flour, and baking powder).
Making an Apple Cinnamon Cake
Start with selecting your baking pan for the Apple Cinnamon Cake. For this recipe, we used a 9 inch Springform pan. Other options include a bundt or tube pan. Next spray it with a non-stick spray that includes flour for easier removal. Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place them in a bowl shaking them in cinnamon sugar. Place the bowl aside while making the batter.
Mix together the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, olive oil, sifted flour and baking powder. Pour half of the batter into prepared baking pan. Layer half of the cinnamon apples. Top with the remaining batter. Add the remaining cinnamon apples on top pressing lightly into the batter. As a tip, there might be cinnamon sugar juice left at the bottom of the bowl. Typically we would pour that over an apple pie. My tip for you is “don’t do that!” Learn from me. The cake took longer to bake by adding that additional liquid. Luckily for me, the Apple Cinnamon Cake came out moist and tender.
Now our Apple Cinnamon Cake is ready to go into a 350 degree oven. Bake for 1 hour to 1 ½ hours until the cake reaches an internal temperature of 200 to 205 degrees. Let cool for 15-minutes before removing from the pan. Look at the beautiful appearance of this cake!
Serve at room temperature or warm slightly in the microwave. Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream topped with cinnamon sugar!
Look at how beautiful this cake looks with all its layers of apples.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Homemade Chocolate Cake
Christmas Figgy Pudding
Indian Spice Tea
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
German Chocolate Cheesecake
Apple Cinnamon CakePin Recipe
- 5 Honeycrisp apples or your favorite baking apples
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
Cake Batter Ingredients
- 4 Eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Olive Oil for baking
- 3 cups Flour sifted
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Orange Juice pulp free
- 2 ½ tsp Vanilla made with Rum if possible
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9” springform pan, bundt pan or tube pan with non-stick spray with flour.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Add some cinnamon sugar to a bowl and start layering the slice apples with cinnamon sugar.
- Put aside while making the batter.
Cake Batter Preparation
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs.
- Add the sugar mixing until incorporated into the eggs.
- Stir in the Olive OIl.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until combined.
- Stir in the orange juice and vanilla.
Apple Cinnamon Cake Preparation
- Pour half of the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Layer half of the cinnamon apples.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Add the remaining cinnamon apples on top pressing lightly into the batter.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour to 1 ½ hours until the cake reaches an internal temperature of 200 to 205 degrees.
- Let cool for 15-minutes before removing from the pan.
17 thoughts on “Apple Cinnamon Cake”
May I have a slice?
Yes you can!!
Delightful! Thank you so much!
That looks amazing! It’s the kind of cake I often had when having afternoon coffee and cake in Germany. Fabulous!
Thanks so much! It would be fabulous with coffee or tea. I like the idea of afternoon cake and coffee!
A very European custom I wish would become part of the American routine.
Me too! I love European customs! 🙂
This sounds delicious and I’ve actually printed out the recipe. 😋
Thank you! I hope you enjoy the Apple Cake! 💕
The apple cake looks yummy.
Thanks so much! I love all the apples! 💕 💕 💕
You are killing me!!! This looks delicious!!!!! I would never have thought to add homemade whipped cream to it….yum!
It was the perfect touch to this Apple Cake! 🍰
I was searching your site for a carrot cake, but nothing listed. This looks delicious so I will try this as well.
I do have a carrot cake recipe. I will get it ready to post. Thanks for letting me know. 😀
I have the carrot cake recipe on the blog I am shutting down. I will be revising it.