Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Grab your knife and fork to enjoy a delicious apple pie inspired Apple Cinnamon Pancakes! It is a wonderful way to start your day with pancakes topped with a warm apple topping! You can even kick it up another notch by adding whipped cream. For tips on making pancakes including step by step instructions and videos please see our How To Guide on Making Pancakes.
Consider different topping for your Apple Cinnamon Pancakes such as diced apples, warm applesauce, apple butter, and even your favorite apple jam. My preference includes apples cooked down in a little butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Another delicious topping is a chunky applesauce.
Apple Topping for Pancakes
Select an apple that you enjoy in an apple dessert and chop or dice to desired size. I tend to chop mine a little larger since they might reduce during cooking. If necessary, I will chop them finer after they cooled a bit. Now let’s start our Apple Mixture for our Apple Cinnamon Pancakes! Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped apples, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Cook until they reach desired tenderness, stirring periodically. Divide the cooked apple mixture since you will use half for the pancake batter and the remainder to top the pancakes.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
When making the batter my preference is to use a large measuring cup to make it easier to pour the batter. Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. This recipe calls for whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and rye flour. If you do not have rye flour then substitute either whole wheat or all purpose flour. Mix eggs and milk together and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Lastly, stir in half of the cooked apple mixture.
Now it is time to make the Apple Cinnamon Pancakes! Spray a griddle with non-stick spray and preheat on medium heat. When a drop of water or batter sizzles, the griddle is ready. Pour the batter onto the griddle. Cook about 3-minutes or until the bubbles start to pop. Carefully check the underside of a pancake to see if it is brown. Then turn over the pancake to cook for about another minute until golden brown.
Serve the Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with the remaining apple topping. Add warm syrup if desired. For tips on making pancakes including step by step instructions and videos please see our How To Guide on Making Pancakes.
Apple Cinnamon PancakesPin Recipe
- Flour sifter
- Large mixing bowl
- Small bowl
- Cutting board and knife
- Medium size saucepan
Apple Topping Ingredients
- 6 Apples Tart
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Pancakes Dry Ingredients
- 2/3 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Rye flour
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
Pancakes Wet Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
Pancake Apple Topping Preparation
- Select an apple that you enjoy in an apple dessert and chop or dice to desired size.
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped apples, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Cook until they reach desired tenderness, stirring periodically.
- Divide the cooked apple mixture since you will use half for the pancake batter and the remainder to top the pancakes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Lastly, stir in half of the cooked apple mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a griddle or spray with non-stick spray.
- Preheat griddle on medium heat.
- When a drop of water or batter sizzles, the griddle is ready.
- Using a 1/3 or 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook about 3-minutes or until the bubbles start to pop.
- Flip over the pancake to cook for about another minute until golden brown.
- Serve the Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with the remaining apple topping. Add warm syrup if desired.
Thank You For Following Supper Plate!
Other Recipes That You May Enjoy!
Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Cranberry Apple Muffins
Apple Pecan Muffin
Apple Cinnamon Cake
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
16 thoughts on “Apple Cinnamon Pancakes”
This looks delicious! Love the addition of rye flour in the batter.
Thank you! They are delicious and since I love Apple Pie I included a ton of apples! 🙂
Oh wow this is a fabulous recipe! Thank you for sharing it!
Thank you so much!! They are a fun way to enjoy pancakes inspired by my love of Apple Pie! 💕🍴🍴🍴
Thank you for posting to your readers. I how they enjoy the pancakes! 🍴🍴🍴
Oh going to try this Saturday 😀
I hope you enjoy them. I just made Buttermilk pancakes that came out really good that I need to post. 🍴🍴
I love banana on waffles
Me too. A great pairing! 🍴🍴
Oh gosh, yes please! Just look at those apples! These are like loaded pancakes~
LOL! Yes they are! My inspiration is an apple pie but in a pancake. They are delicious and smell heavenly! 🍴🍴🍴
mmm. . . the pancakes look incredible. This would be wonderful for a week-end brunch.
Thank you! I agree. They would make a wonderful brunch! 💕 I like to keep them warm in the oven on the warm setting.
These look lovely. I can smell them through the screen!
Thank you! They are fun to enjoy with all the apples! And yes, they smell heavenly!!