Apple Pecan Muffin
I love the aroma of apples baking in the oven! What a delicious, warm aroma that fills your home. As such, experimenting with different apple recipes is so much fun! This led to a new recipe Apple Pecan Muffin that combines elements from an Apple Pie and a spiced muffin! Plus it includes a wonderful twist by using Almond Flour adding a nutty undertone. My recipe tends to go heavy on a variety of spices but of course you can adjust to your own preference! Isn’t that the fun part of a recipe – the chance to make it your own!
Apple Muffin Recipe
There are basically four steps to making the Apple Pecan Muffins. We start with the Apple Pie filling, then the Pecan topping, followed by the batter and then baking the muffins. Make the Apple Pie Filling first and placed in the refrigerator to cool while making the muffins. (Consider making the filling ahead of time storing in the refrigerator.) The Pecan Topping is quick to assemble and can be made while the Apple Pie filling is cooking on the stovetop.
The Muffin ingredients list looks long but it is mainly the different spices and this is where you need to decide the level of spices to add. I like to experiment with different ingredients that include Coconut Flour and Coconut Sugar. If you do not have Coconut Flour then just substitute Almond Flour. If you wish to use white sugar instead of Coconut Sugar it is a 1 to 1 substitution. When making the Apple Pecan Muffins batter, try to use Buttermilk because a substitute will not fully replace the flavor. But when in a pinch, you can mix together Milk and Vinegar as a substitution for Buttermilk. Just be sure to let the Milk mixed with Vinegar rest for five minutes to ensure the milk has thickened and curdled slightly.
Baking the Apple Muffins
Now that we made the batter it is time to bake the muffins! Line a 12 cup muffin pan adding about ¼ cup batter to each cup. Make a small well into each muffin cup adding about 1 tablespoon of the Apple Pie Filling. Top with the Pecan Topping and bake! The Apple Pie Filling makes about two dozen of the Apple Pie Muffins. Or make one recipe using the remaining Apple Pie filling for another recipe! For more Apple Pie Filling consider using a jumbo muffin tin! When serving consider adding Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream! It is a heavenly dessert!
Apple Pecan MuffinPin Recipe
- Cutting board and knife
- Medium size saucepan with lid
- Medium size bowl with lid (or other option to seal)
- 2 Small bowls
- Large mixing bowl
- 12 cup muffin tin
- Cookie cooling rack
Apple Pie Filling Ingredients
- 5 Apples medium
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 to 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
Pecan Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Pecans chopped
Muffin Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- ¼ tsp Ginger
Muffin Wet Ingredients
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Buttermilk or 2% Milk + 1 tsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line or spray a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Muffins bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Apple Pie Filling Preparation
- Peel, core and dice apples depending upon how large or small you prefer.
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan.
- Stir in apples. Add cinnamon to coat the apples.
- Stir in the coconut sugar and water.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place in a medium size bow, cover and place in the refrigerator to slightly cool.
Pecan Toppings Preparation
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except pecans.
- Fold the chopped pecans into the mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- If using Milk and Vinegar as a substitution for Buttermilk, stir together the Milk and Vinegar letting it sit for five minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin, add a little less than 1/4 cup batter to each cup.
- Make a small well in each muffin batter.
- Take the apple pie filling out of the refrigerator.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the apple pie filling into the well.
- Top with the Pecan topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until brown on top.
Thank you for Following Supper Plate
If you Enjoy Muffins, You Might Enjoy
Cranberry Apple Muffins
Dark Chocolate, Walnut, and Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Cranberry and Toasted Pecans Holiday Bread
Blueberry Almond Muffins
Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread
29 thoughts on “Apple Pecan Muffin”
So yummy 😋I would like it now for breakfast ☺️😋
Thank you!! They are delicious!! 💕💕💕
These muffins sound really good–full of flavor!
Thank you! They are delicious! Plus you can modify to your own preference. 💕
You combined my two favorite pies into one muffin!!
We love them! I reheat for 15 seconds in the microwave. Next time I want to see if I can find a jumbo muffin pan for more apple pie filling. 💕💕💕
oooh that’d be awesome
They are delicious and so much fun after dinner since we typically do not have desserts.
These tasty muffins would be great for a leisurely brunch. 🙂
Yes they would! We like them any time of the day. 💕
A lovely single serving dessert idea. The pecan topping sounds wonderful, but we don’t often see pecans over here. We do have walnuts, so we’ll give that a try.
Walnuts would also be wonderful! Thank you for the follow and visiting my blog.
I followed you back via an email subscription. Looking forward to reading your blog.
Looks delicious. I bet they smell and taste wonderful.
Thank you! Yes they smelled wonderful when baking! A nice aroma on a cold winter day. 💕💕💕
Looks absolutely scrumptious!
Thank you!! They are wonderful!
Yum yum yum!!!
They look amazing and moist!!
Thank you! They were just delicious, packed with flavor! Plus options to add more apple pie filling or make other changes!
Looks ooey-gooey delish!
Yes, they are just awesome! Plus you could add even more Apple Pie mixture before baking! Tons of options. 🙂
My favorite place to go for breakfast is Mimi’s because of the muffin selection. This looks great!
Thank you! It is lighter with the almond flour and addicting! I too love a good muffin!
Apple Pie…oh yessssss!
It is just awesome! 💕💕💕
Those muffins look mighty tasty looking!
They really are delicious with the Almond flour! A lighter muffin.
I love this!! Drooling here 😋
Thanks! It is delicious!! 💕