Game Day Planning! In the Buffalo region, pizza and chicken wings rule the food landscape from the corner pizzerias, sporting events, and restaurants specializing in our regional foods. How about combining both of them with a Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza! This pizza brings together all the wonderful ingredients found in an order of Buffalo Chicken Wings. The boneless chicken is coated with the Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings Sauce that leaves a slight heat lingering in your mouth. Add the crunchiness of the carrots and celery along with the cooling impact of blue cheese for a pizza that you cannot stop eating. And in about 30-minutes your pizza is ready to enjoy!
Homemade Buffalo Chicken Pizza
So let’s get started with making our wings inspired pizza! For convenience I start with a pre-made pizza dough, rotisserie chicken, and packaged shredded cheese. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, take out your cast iron pan or favorite pizza pan and season accordingly. Place your dough into your prepared pan and while it is resting dice the carrots, celery and shake the boneless chicken in your favorite heat level of wings sauce. Now that the preparation is done, add the Blue Cheese Dressing as the sauce, top with diced carrots, celery, add the chicken and top the Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza with your favorite cheese.
Place the Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza in the oven for about 20-minutes and then serve with a side of carrots, celery, and more Blue Cheese Dressing to dip the pizza into! It really is that easy and is a bit healthier since the chicken is not deep fried! If there are any leftovers, it reheats easily, with no loss of quality, in a 350 degree oven for about 10-minutes.
Why is Blue Cheese Served with Wings?
There is a debate on whether you serve Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing with Buffalo Chicken Wings. Of course your preference is key in making the selection. But from a historical standpoint, Buffalo Chicken Wings are served Blue Cheese starting from the very beginning at the Anchor Bar located in Buffalo New York. Blue Cheese Dressing provides a nice balance to the heat of Chicken Wings with its cooling flavor profile. According to my sister-in-law, the key is how much Blue Cheese can you slather on those crispy, hot Chicken Wings! Our Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza combines those contrasting flavors that your taste buds crave! To learn more about Buffalo Chicken Wings refer to the The Wing Authority and Anchor Bar for more information.
Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese PizzaPin Recipe
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Cutting board and knife
- 10 inch Cast Iron Skillet
- ½ cup Light Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup Carrots diced
- ½ cup Celery diced
- 4 ounces Rotisserie Chicken cubed
- 2/3 cup Your Favorite Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Pizza Dough about 16 ounces
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese for garnish
- Dice the carrots and celery.
- Chop the chicken to bite size pieces.
- Shred the cheese.
Making the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the cast iron skillet.
- Place dough in the cast iron skillet and form the dough to fit the pan. Let it rest for a few minutes. Fix the dough if it removes from the edge of the skillet.
- Add light blue cheese dressing as your sauce. Top with carrots and celery.
- Shake the cooked chicken in the Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce and add to the pizza. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 25-minutes.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese as the garnish and serve with extra blue cheese and Buffalo Wing Sauce to dip your pizza in!