Are you looking for a tasty, healthy dip for the Big Game? Look no further! Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip is delicious and creamy. Plus it is simple and quick to make. This dip definitely fools people. It has the appearance of a high fat dip made with cream cheese and sour cream. However, the main ingredients are protein! Consider this recipe your starting point. Other ingredients and measurements can make it more or less creamy. Assemble this dip ahead of time and just before game time pop into the oven for a hot bubbling healthy dip!
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
One of the main ingredients is Buffalo Wing Sauce! There are many different types of wing sauce. Being from the Buffalo region I only use Anchor Bar Wing Sauce but you could substitute your favorite wing or hot sauce. This recipe only requires a few ingredients that you may have in your refrigerator. We use Cottage Cheese and Plain Greek Yogurt instead of Cream Cheese and Ranch Dressing. Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese provides a nice layer of flavor with the Wing Sauce providing a rich color. Typically I do not care for Greek Yogurt as a healthy replacement. The Buffalo Wing Sauce really pulls together the flavors and the Greek Yogurt does not introduce a sour flavor.
Serve with Vegetables or Baked Tortilla Chips
Make ahead dishes are my favorite. And this recipe does not disappoint. I love to make Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip ahead of time and pop into the oven just before serving. It warms over nicely in the microwave for any leftovers. Our favorite pairing is with fresh veggies! Carrots are a favorite and Baked Tortilla Chips. To keep the wing dip warm, consider heating in a small slow cooker. The below pictures shows a cold version of the dip.
Skinny Buffalo Dip
If you are following 21-Day containers,be sure to reference the original Skinny Buffalo Dip recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
- Medium size bowl
- Oven Safe Baking dish (also used for serving)
- Food processor, optional
- 3/4 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt Plain
- 2 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 3/4 cup Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce Your Favorite Heat
- 3/4 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
Serve with Suggestions
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Crusty Bread
- Tortilla Chips
- Toasted Baguette Slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, salt, and Italian seasonings. For a smoother dip, blend with a mixer or food processor.
- Mix in the Anchor Bar Sauce and cheese.
- Lastly fold in the chicken.
- Transfer dip to an oven safe dish. Bake for 15 minutes and broil for a couple of minutes. You will need about 20 minutes to include the transition from baking to broil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping foods and top with crumbled blue cheese or chives if desired!