How hot do you like your chicken wings is the inspiration for this Buffalo Style Pizza. Chicken Wing Pizza has a double dose of Buffalo Wing Sauce for those serious about hot wings! We start with a layer of wing sauce and then add more heat by tossing the chicken in wing sauce! This pizza provides a serious punch so be sure to have your Blue Cheese Dressing ready to slather your pizza!Jump to Recipe
Making Chicken Wing Pizza
So let’s get started with making our wings inspired pizza! Select your favorite brand of wing sauce and heat level. Being from the Buffalo region we use Anchor Bar Wing Sauce that comes in five flavors that include mild, medium, hotter, suicidal and BBQ. For me, their medium sauce is hot but it all depends upon your tolerance or love for heat. To learn more about the Anchor Bar and ordering their Wing Sauce please go to their website. Be sure to order an extra bottle because you can never have too much Wing Sauce — it works well in many recipes such as Buffalo Style Potatoes, Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza, and Buffalo Style Meatballs. Keep an eye on Supper Plate for delicious Buffalo inspired recipes.
In order to make this Chicken Wing Pizza in 30-minutes, I start with an Italian frozen pizza dough, rotisserie chicken, and packaged shredded cheese. (If starting with a frozen dough, be sure to read the directions on how to unthaw. For frozen dough I unthaw overnight in the refrigerator and then let it come to room temperature.) Selecting an extra sharp cheddar cheese adds complexity and depth from the longer aging time. You can also consider a mixed shredded cheese that brings in the flavors of different cheeses.
Preparing the Pizza for Baking
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, take out your cast iron pan or favorite pizza pan and season accordingly. Cast iron pans are perfect for pizza. The pizza dough bakes perfectly with no uncooked dough in the center. Place your dough into your prepared pan and while it is resting dice the carrots, celery and shake the boneless, cooked chicken in your favorite heat level of wings sauce. Now we are ready to assemble the Chicken Wing Pizza. Start with adding the Buffalo Wing Sauce, top with diced carrots, celery, add the chicken and top with your favorite cheese.
Place the Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza in the oven for about 20-minutes and then serve with a side of carrots, celery, and more Blue Cheese Dressing to dip the pizza into! If there are any leftovers, it reheats easily, with no loss of quality, in a 350 degree oven for about 10-minutes.
Another option when making pizza in a Cast Iron pan is to start on the stove top with cooking the pizza crust before adding the ingredients. Just be very careful since the handle will be hot requiring oven gloves to move into the oven!
Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza
- 10 inch Cast Iron Skillet Pan
- ¼ cup Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cup Carrots sliced thin or diced
- ½ cup Celery sliced thin or diced
- 4 ounces Rotisserie Chicken cubed
- 2/3 cup Your Favorite Cheese shredded
- 1 Pizza dough about 16 ounces
Baked Pizza Toppings (Optional)
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the cast iron skillet. Roll out pizza dough into desired size and place in the cast iron skillet. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Add Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce as the sauce. Top with carrots and celery. Shake the cooked chicken in Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce and add to the pizza. Top with your favorite Pizza Cheese.
- Once baked consider adding any additional toppings for a even more fun pizza!
- Bake for about 20 to 25-minutes.
- Serve with extra blue cheese and Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce to dip your pizza in!