Anyone preparing their game day menu? Or are you looking for a new potato recipe? Potato lovers this dish is for you! Buffalo Style Potatoes is a fun twist on serving potatoes with a Buffalo Wing Sauce topped with the rich flavor of Crumbled Blue Cheese! They are fork tender breaking through a crispy exterior to discover a tender flavorful potato. They are a perfect compliment for any sports event or whenever you want to kick up your potatoes another notch!
Selecting Your Ingredients
You can prepare this delicious Buffalo Style Potatoes ahead of time with about a 15-minute completion time. First select your favorite heat level of Buffalo Wing Sauce. We are from the Buffalo region so our preference is the Original Anchor Bar Wing Sauce that comes in several different heat levels. Second identify the potato type. For this recipe I used Russet and Red Potatoes with both providing wonderful results! I would imagine Yukon Gold would work well with its natural buttery flavor.
Potatoes with Blue Cheese
The Crumbled Blue Cheese Wing Dressing can be made a couple days ahead of time. Simply mix together the mayonnaise with your favorite heat level of Buffalo Wing Sauce. Blend together adding more mayonnaise or Wing Sauce based upon your own taste tests. Once the heat level meets your satisfaction, blend in the Smoked Paprika for an additional layer of flavor! When serving, add the Crumbled Blue Cheese.
Consider baking the potatoes ahead of time. Once cooled wrap in foil storing in the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy, remove potatoes from the foil and cut into bite-sized pieces. Heat Olive Oil in a heavy pan and then carefully place the cubed cooked potatoes into the pan. Periodically turn them until brown and crisp and adding additional seasoning.
Transfer the browned potatoes to a serving platter and drizzle with the Buffalo Wing Dressing adding the Crumbled Blue Cheese. As a fun food fact, the Buffalo Style dressing works with many potato dishes including Baked Potatoes.
Buffalo Style Potatoes are addicting with its wing sauce and rich blue cheese! Before you know it, the serving bowl is empty.
Thank you for Following Supper Plate
Other Game Day Recipes You May Enjoy
Buffalo Style Potatoes with Crumbled Blue Cheese Dressing
- Small bowl
- Microwave safe plate
- Large frying pan
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Original Anchor Bar Wing Sauce Your Favorite Heat
- 1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 Red Potatoes Potatoes large
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or oil suitable at high temperature
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper freshly ground
- ¼ cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
Make Ahead Dressing
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, Original Anchor Bar Wing Sauce and paprika in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until dinner.
- Wash, dry and pierce of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a microwave safe dish, and microwave until tender but not overdone.
- Cut them into desired size. Do not remove the skin unless using a potato with a thicker skin.
- In a large frying pan, add Olive Oil to cover the bottom and heat.
- Add potatoes and cook for about 15-minutes – turning periodically.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes to a platter and top with the dressing and blue cheese. You could garnish it with parsley and additional smoked paprika.