Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies has a cool, refreshing flavor with a soft, chewy texture that leaves you wanting more! It is a perfect cookie for St. Patrick’s Day with a Green Mint Icing and a burst of mint flavor with every bite. These moist cookies with a rich chocolate flavor are delicious without the Mint Icing making it versatile for any time of the year.
These cookies are similar to my Double Chocolate Mint Cookies where I provided different options to prepare them. I made my cookie dough on a Friday night then placed in the refrigerator. The first chance to make the cookies was Sunday afternoon. The cookie dough chilled nicely making it easy to roll one-inch cookie balls to place on the cookie sheets. They take 10-minutes to bake and with a double oven they were done in 20-minutes! It was fairly effortless with dividing the preparation and baking into two different days. Plus two dozen of the baked cookies were placed in the freezer for St. Patrick’s Day to get a head start on the celebrations. Refer to my Double Chocolate Mint Cookies for other prepare ahead tips.
Preparing the Cookie Dough
The cookie dough takes about 10-minutes to make – just take the Kerrygold Butter out of the refrigerator to bring to room temperature. If you are like me and always forget, then carefully microwave on a “butter soften” setting – watching closely since it tends to melt quickly! My recommendation for Kerrygold Butter is its rich color and excellent flavor. Add a generous amount of Mint Baking Chips to bring this cookie over the top in goodness! The aroma is unbelievable with the combination of chocolate and mint plus they are a beautiful cookie!
Serving Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies
We first enjoyed these yummy cookies without any icing. The appearance may reflect a crunchy cookie, but one bite and your teeth sink into the soft, chewy mint-filled cookie. It is hard to only have one cookie or even two! The next taste test include a Mint Icing drizzled over the cookie. It is a thin icing that should be added when ready to enjoy.
Chocolate Mint Cookie
Whether you enjoy this cookie with or without icing it is simply delicious and perfect for your Irish celebrations!
Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies
Cookie Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup Butter Kerrygold
- 2 Eggs large
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Cookie Dry Ingredients
- 1 ½ Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 ½ cup Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Special Dark
- 1 ¾ cup Mint Baking Chips Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
Mint Icing Ingredients
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tbsp Milk
- Peppermint Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Cream the Kerrygold Butter in a mixer until smooth.
- Blend in the eggs, water and vanilla.
- Slowly add the Dark Brown Sugar blending with the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the remaining dry ingredients blending until incorporated.
- Stir in the Mint Baking Chips
- Chill the cookie dough for an hour or overnight until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or using an ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Let cool for a few minutes then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Mint Icing Preparation
- Mix together the topping ingredients with desired amount of Peppermint Extract and green food coloring. Drizzle over cookies prior to serving.