Chicken Salad with Apples (21-Day Fix Inspired)
As we get closer to summer, I am on the outlook for healthier spins on my favorite meals. At $5.00 a serving, this Chicken Salad is one of my go-to meal is the big salad packed with veggies and hard boiled eggs. But it is fun to mix it up a bit. If I am talking to you, then try this refreshing, healthy Chicken Salad with Apples. It is perfect for lunch, dinner, or on a hot summer day! Easy to make with only a few ingredients that can be served over a bed of greens or served in a pita or croissant. A Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing makes this Creamy Chicken Salad a bit healthier! It is the perfect salad that can be ready in 30-minutes with make-ahead steps!! This healthy and delicious salad is inspired from Beachbody’s 21-Day Fix Food plan! Read on for step by step instructions!
If you enjoy this recipe and the tips, would you consider giving us a 5 star rating and a comment? It would help us with our Google rankings. Thank you for the consideration!
Make Ahead Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing
The Greek Yogurt salad dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Consider doubling the recipe if making a larger batch of Chicken Salad with Apples or use for other salads!
- Greek Yogurt: I start with one 5.3 oz container of Plain Greek Yogurt which is bit over ½ cup but no need to throw away the extra Yogurt!
- Quick Tip: Spray the measuring cup with non-stick spray prior to adding the honey which makes it easy to remove. That is a great tip any time measuring ingredients difficult to remove.
- Whisk Together Ingredients: Add the Dijon Mustard, Raw Honey, and Rice Vinegar to then whisk together until smooth.
- Add Olive Oil: Lastly, whisk in the Olive Oil and Salt until fully incorporated into the dressing.
- Store: Pour into a container and refrigerate. It really is that easy!
Selecting the Fruit
Red grapes add a nice natural sweetness to this Chicken Salad with Apples. Plus a splash of color when presenting the salad.
- Apple Selection: When it comes to selecting an apple determine if you want to offset the sweetness with a tart apple or continue with the sweet profile.
- Tart Flavor: For example, Granny Smith Apples adds a nice tart flavor.
- Crisp Apple: Our preference is a Honeycrisp Apple with its crisp, sweet juicy flavor. It holds up well in a salad once the dressing is added. Look at the beautiful freshness of the red grapes and apples!
Making the Chicken Salad with Apples
- Chicken: Starting with Rotisserie Chicken makes life so much easier! Dice or shred the Chicken. Add to a large bowl.
- Add the Fruit: Add the red grapes and apples.
- Optional Ingredients: Consider other add-in ingredients such as chopped celery, walnuts, pecans, and red onions.
- Add Dressing: Pour on the delicious Greek Yogurt dressing to coat all the yummy ingredients.
- Tip: Make the salad a day earlier to allow the flavors to blend together.
- Serving Options: Serve the Chicken Salad with Apples over a bed of greens topped with crunchy sliced honey roasted almonds and fresh Cilantro or Parsley. Or serve as a sandwich using a Croissant or pita bread.
- Recipe Inspiration: The inspiration for this recipe is from 21-Day Fix fitness program through Beachbody. For exact measurements and containers, please refer to their cookbook FIXATE.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy:
Garbanzo Bean Salad
Curry Chicken Salad
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Blood Orange Avocado Salad
Chicken Salad with Apples (21-Day Fix inspired)Pin Recipe
- Medium sized bowl
- Container to store the dressing
- Cutting board and knife
- Large bowl with lid
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt or 5.3 ounce container
- 3 tbsp Raw Unfiltered Honey Wildflower
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar Natural Mild and Mellow
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard Grey Poupon
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for Dressings
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 cups Rotisserie Chicken diced or shredded
- 1 ½ cups Honeycrisp Apples chopped
- 1 cup Red Grapes cut in half
- ½ cup Celery sliced
- Honey Roasted Sliced Almonds
- Cilantro or Parsley
- Romaine Lettuce
- Baby Spinach
- Pita Bread
- Add all ingredients except for the Olive Oil and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Whisk ingredients until smooth.
- Whisk in the Olive Oil until blended.
- Add Sea Salt if desired.
- Pour into a container and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Dice or shred the Rotisserie Chicken to desired size.
- In a large bowl add chicken, grapes, apples, and celery. Mix together.
- Pour dressing over salad mixing to coat all ingredients. Place cover on the bowl.
- Place in refrigerator for the flavors to blend.
- When serving add optional toppings of sliced almonds and fresh Cilantro or Parsley.
- Consider serving over a bed of greens or even in a pita!
30 thoughts on “Chicken Salad with Apples (21-Day Fix Inspired)”
This looks fabulous! Love chicken salad and you loaded it with intense flavor!
Thank you! There are not a lot of ingredients but it is packed with delicious flavors! 💕
This looks very inviting.I feel hungry now 🙂
Thank you! It is refreshing and delicious. 💕
Bernice, salad looks really good! I have never tried apples in salad, now i will try.
Thank you! The apples are delicious in a salad. I hope you enjoy them. I also love the red grapes. A great blend of flavors.
I will definitely try grapes also Bernice. Thank you so much for your suggestions.
They make a wonderful combination. You can choose your favorite apples and grapes. A fun way to enjoy a chicken salad.
I am pure vegetarian Bernice so I will search some other ingredient to add on with apples and grapes… probably a complete fruit salad!
Would Tofu work?
It will definitely, even our indis cottage cheese whole paneer or crushed paneer will suit very well!
Sounds like wonderful alternatives! 💕
mmm. ..The Chicken Salad with Apples looks incredible.
Thank you! It is light and refreshing. Perfect for summer. 💕
Chicken Salad is one of my favorite lunches! Your recipe looks delicious Bernice!
Thank you! I made it for a work picnic and then made it for home. I forgot how much I love this salad! 💕
Thank you! It is delicious!
Looks so tasty
Thank you! It really is delicious. Easy to make. Packed with flavor!
I am drooling looking at that dressing! This is one of my favorite salads, Bernice!
Thanks Sandhya. I love this salad. I tend to mix Almond Oil and an aged BV as my dressing. Delicious and healthy. 😀
This looks so delicious I haven’t added chicken but I will try !! 😊
Thank you! It is a wonderful salad. Easy to make and refreshing. Enjoy! 🍽
Yeah sure !! 💜
Thank you! Perfect as a salad or in a pita.
Super good! I didn’t have celery but added fresh ground pepper for a bit of spice! Could easily drop down to 1 or 2 TBS of honey! I ate this over a bed of romaine and it was AMAZING! Thanks!!
Your welcome! The pepper would be great. And you can modify it in so many fun ways! So happy you enjoyed the salad. 😊😊😊