Enjoy a refreshing, healthy Chicken Salad with Apples on a hot summer day! Easy to make with only a few ingredients that can be served over a bed of greens or served in a pita. A Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing makes this Creamy Chicken Salad a bit healthier! It is the perfect summer salad!Jump to Recipe
Preparing the Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing
The Greek Yogurt salad dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. I start with one 5.3 oz container of Plain Greek Yogurt which is bit over ½ cup but no need to throw away the extra Yogurt! Spray the measuring cup with non-stick spray prior to adding the honey which makes it easy to remove. That is a great tip any time measuring ingredients difficult to remove. Add the Dijon Mustard, Raw Honey, and Rice Vinegar to then whisk together until smooth. Then whisk in the Olive Oil and Salt until fully incorporated into the dressing. Pour into a container and refrigerate. It really is that easy! Consider doubling the recipe if making a larger batch of Chicken Salad with Apples.
Selecting the Fruit
Red grapes add a nice natural sweetness to this Chicken Salad with Apples. Plus a splash of color when presenting the salad. When it comes to selecting an apple determine if you want to offset the sweetness with a tart apple or continue with the sweet profile. For example, Granny Smith Apples adds a nice tart flavor. Our preference is a Honeycrisp Apple with its crisp, sweet juicy flavor. It holds up well in a salad once the dressing is added. Look at the beautiful freshness of the red grapes and apples!
Making the Chicken Salad with Apples
Starting with Rotisserie Chicken makes life so much easier! Dice or shred the Chicken mixing together with the red grapes and apples. As an optional ingredient consider adding celery. Pour on the delicious Greek Yogurt dressing to coat all the yummy ingredients. Ideally make it a day earlier to allow the flavors to blend together. Serve the Chicken Salad with Apples over a bed of greens topped with crunchy sliced honey roasted almonds and fresh Cilantro or Parsley. The inspiration for this recipe is from 21-Day Fix fitness program through Beachbody. For exact measurements and containers, please refer to their cookbook FIXATE.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy:
Chicken Salad with Apples (21-Day Fix inspired)
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt or 5.3 ounce container
- 3 tbsp Raw Unfiltered Honey Wildflower
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar Natural Mild and Mellow
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard Grey Poupon
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for Dressings
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 cups Rotisserie Chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 ½ cups Honeycrisp Apples chopped
- 1 cup Red Grapes cut in half
- ½ cup Celery sliced
- Honey Roasted Sliced Almonds
- Cilantro or Parsley
- Romaine Lettuce
- Baby Spinach
- Pita Bread
- Add all ingredients except for the Olive Oil and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Whisk ingredients until smooth.
- Whisk in the Olive Oil until blended.
- Add Sea Salt if desired.
- Pour into a container and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Dice or shred the Rotisserie Chicken to desired size.
- In a large bowl add chicken, grapes, apples, and celery. Mix together.
- Pour dressing over salad mixing to coat all ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator for the flavors to blend.
- When serving add sliced almonds and fresh Cilantro or Parsley.
- Consider serving over a bed of greens or even in a pita!