Who loves chocolate and peppermint muffins? You cannot see me but I am raising my hand! Count me in. But if only the calories were not so high. There has to be an alternative. If you are nodding your head in agreement, then indulge with these Minty Chocolate Chickpeas Muffins made with healthy ingredients. And can you believe they are made with chickpeas instead of white flour! At first that sounded odd to me and could not believe they would be any good. But was I wrong! They are delicious and addicting. You can make them as mini-muffins or regular muffins. The mini muffins are perfect if you are going to a gathering and want to bring a healthier dish. Plus they freeze nicely. I make my healthy snacks for work ahead of time and then freeze until needed!Jump to Recipe
Making the Chickpeas Muffins
This is a super easy recipe to make! As a disclaimer, my Chickpeas Muffins tend to collapse a bit after taking them out of the oven but they are still delicious! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 24 mini-muffin cups or 12 regular muffin cups by lightly spraying with non-stick spray or lining with paper liners.
Now let’s get out our food processor because it is going to do all the work for us! Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas in our food processor blending until smooth. Then slowly add the eggs, raw honey, coconut oil and peppermint extract blending into the chickpeas. Slowly add unsweetened cocoa powder and baking soda blending until smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake for 15 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool before removing storing the Chickpeas Muffins in an airtight container. This recipe came from Beachbody and is part of the 21-Day Challenge. Please refer to their recipe for accurate conversion of containers.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
- Food Processor
- Cupcake Pan (12 or 24)
- Non-stick spray or cupcake liners
- Draining colander
- Flour sifter
- 15 ounces Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) rinsed and drained
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Raw Honey local
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- ½ tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder sifted
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 24 mini-muffin cups or 12 regular muffin cups by lightly spraying with non-stick spray or lining with paper liners.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor blending until smooth.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the food processor blending into the chickpeas.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the food processor blending until smooth.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing storing in an airtight container.