No Bake Chocolate Pudding Banana Pie with a crunchy, salty pistachio topping is a delicious and quick dessert that can be ready to serve in about two-hours. It is perfect for when you do not want to use the oven or bringing a dessert to a party. Get ready for the compliments!Jump to Recipe
Chocolate Pudding Banana Pie
This pie includes both vanilla and chocolate pudding with a crunchy pistachio topping that adds a bit of saltiness. Pistachios and chocolate are a fabulous combination! And pistachios are just fun to eat! I remember as a child, pistachios were one of my favorite. They came in red shells and your fingers got all red as you shelled them. Now they come in their natural casing with no red dye. Safer for my fingers! My inspiration for adding pistachios as a topping came from chatting with a friend regarding a Creamy Coconut Pie. She asked if nuts could be substituted for the coconuts. That led to a fun adventure of making a pie with a nut topping because you can make changes to introduce ingredients you enjoy. What is the worst that can happen? You do not like the pie or you may whip up a new favorite. I would suggest it is worth trying!
Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie
No Bake pies can include Milk or Sweetened Condensed Milk depending upon the sweetness and the thickness you want in the resulting pie. I tend to use store-bought pie crusts, but if you make your own in a deeper pie pan you could have a really nice layering affect with the chocolate and vanilla pudding! Add the first layer of pudding and let chill before adding the second layer. Before serving, sprinkle pistachios on the top and then finish with whipped cream to decorate the edges, which I decided to skip this time.
No Bake Double Layered Banana Pie with Pistachios and Chocolate
- Medium bowl
- Hand mixer
- 2 Graham Pie Crust
- 4 Bananas ripe
- 1 4 serving size box instant sugar free, fat free Vanilla Pudding
- 1 4 serving size box instant sugar free, fat free Chocolate Pudding
- 4 cups Skim Milk cold
- 2 cups Whipped Topping light, thawed (in a tub)
- 1 cup Whipped Topping light
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- In a medium bowl add 2 cups cold milk to a package of chocolate instant pudding.
- Beat with a hand mixer for 2-minutes and place in the refrigerator to chill for 5-minutes.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Slice bananas and place in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour some of the chocolate pudding into the pie crust.
- Place in the refrigerator until it sets.
- Now repeat the Filling Preparation except with the vanilla pudding.
- After the chocolate pudding sets, add another layer of bananas and top with the vanilla pudding. Place in refrigerator until it sets.
Finish and Serve
- Before serving, sprinkle pistachios on the top and if desired finish with whipped cream to decorate the edges.