The holidays are a perfect time to make a special breakfast. On Christmas morning we enjoy this delicious Cinnamon French Toast Bake topped with fresh Strawberries. It is a delicious start to the day. Christmas morning is always busy and who has time to make a breakfast casserole. This recipe is perfect because you can bake the casserole the prior night and reheat individual portions in the microwave. Transfer the french toast to a serving plate and top with berries and a dash of powdered sugar. A delicious, hot breakfast is ready in minutes. I start the preparations on December 23rd with assembling the casserole placing in the refrigerator. On the 24th we make the topping and the casserole is placed into the oven to bake. Christmas morning just wash and slice a few strawberries to top this delicious Cinnamon French Toast Bake breakfast! Serve a glass of juice in a champagne glass to feel like you are being served at a B&B!Jump to Recipe
Baked French Toast Recipe
We start with two loaves of Cinnamon Bread. Do not be concern if you cannot locate Cinnamon Bread. Substitute a thick bread and add more cinnamon to the egg and milk mixture. Now let’s get started. Using a knife, remove the crust from the bread slices. Keep the two loaves of bread separate. Take one loaf of bread slices and spread softened cream cheese on them. Top with a slice of bread from the other loaf. Cut each cream cheese bread sandwiches into four cubes.
Now it is time to make the egg and milk mixture. Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Dip the cream cheese bread sandwiches cubes into the egg and milk mixture until moist. Place in a glass pan, sprayed with non-stick spray, making two layers. Pour any remaining liquid over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove casserole from the refrigerator. At this time prepare your crumble mixture. In a small pan, melt the butter adding brown sugar, Maple Syrup and chopped pecans. Place the mixture evenly over the french toast. Bake about 40-minutes or until a knife comes out relatively clean. Add any additional toppings when you plate it for breakfast! Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy:
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
French Toast Ingredients
- 2 Loaves Cinnamon Bread
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 6 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Crumble Mixture Ingredients
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Fresh strawberries or other fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Maple sugar
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass pan.
- Using a knife, remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Spread softened cream cheese on one slice of bread then top with a second slice of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into four cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Dip bread cubes into milk mixture until moist. Place in the prepared pan making two layers. Pour any remaining liquid over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and remove glass pan from the refrigerator.
- At this time prepare your crumble mixture.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Stir in the brown sugar until melted.
- Add the Maple Syrup and then chopped pecans.
- Place the crumble mixture evenly over the french toast.
- Bake about 40-minutes or until a knife comes out relatively clean.
- Add any additional toppings when you plate it for breakfast!
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.