At $2.00 a serving, make-ahead Cinnamon French Toast Bake topped with fresh Strawberries is a wonderful way to start the day. This recipe is perfect because you can make the casserole ahead of time. Transfer the french toast to a serving plate and top with berries and a dash of powdered sugar. A delicious, hot breakfast is ready in minutes. Read on for step by step instructions and make ahead tips!
Make Ahead Tips
- Two Days Prior: I start the preparations two days prior to serving with assembling the casserole and placing in the refrigerator.
- One Day Prior: On the day before we add the Crumble Mixture and bake the casserole. Let it cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Breakfast: When ready to enjoy, just reheat in the microwave. Then top this delicious Cinnamon French Toast Bake with powdered sugar and a few strawberries!
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
Assembling the Casserole
- Select Your Bread: We start with two loaves of Cinnamon Bread. Do not be concern if you cannot locate Cinnamon Bread. Substitute a thick bread and add more cinnamon to the egg and milk mixture.
- Prepare Pan: Spray a 9×11 inch glass pan sprayed with non-stick spray,
- Remove Crust: Using a knife, remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Separate Bread: Keep the two loaves of bread separate because half of the slices is used for the cream cheese.
- Add Cream Cheese: Take one loaf of bread slices and spread softened cream cheese on them.
- Top: Next top with a slice of bread without cream cheese.
- Cut into Four: Cut each cream cheese bread sandwiches into four cubes.
- Make Egg Mixture: Now it is time to make the egg and milk mixture. Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Dip Each Bread Cube: Dip the cream cheese bread sandwiches cubes into the egg and milk mixture until moist.
- Layer in Pan: Place each bread cube into the glass pan making two layers. Pour any remaining liquid over bread.
- Refrigerate: Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for a couple of hours.
Finishing and Baking the Casserole
- Preheat Oven: When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove casserole from the refrigerator.
- Prepare Crumble Mixture: At this time prepare your crumble mixture. In a small pan, melt the butter adding brown sugar, Maple Syrup and chopped pecans.
- Add Mixture to Casserole: Place the Crumble Mixture evenly over the French Toast.
- Bake Casserole: Bake about 40-minutes or until a knife comes out relatively clean.
- Add Toppings and Serve: Add any additional toppings such as strawberries when you plate it for breakfast!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Cinnamon French Toast BakePin Recipe
- Cutting board and knife
- 9 x 13 inch glass pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
French Toast Ingredients
- 2 Loaves Cinnamon Bread
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 6 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Crumble Mixture Ingredients
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Fresh strawberries or other fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Maple sugar
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass pan.
- Using a knife, remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Spread softened cream cheese on one slice of bread then top with a second slice of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into four cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Dip bread cubes into milk mixture until moist. Place in the prepared pan making two layers. Pour any remaining liquid over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and remove glass pan from the refrigerator.
- At this time prepare your crumble mixture.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the brown sugar until melted.
- Add the Maple Syrup and then chopped pecans.
- Place the crumble mixture evenly over the french toast.
- Bake uncovered about 40-minutes or until a knife comes out relatively clean.
- Add any additional toppings when you plate it for breakfast!
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
- The casserole can be assembled the night before and stored in the refrigerator.
- The next day take it out of the refrigerator while the oven is preheating make the crumble topping.