Cinnamon French Toast Bake
At $2.00 a serving, make-ahead Cinnamon French Toast Bake topped with fresh Strawberries is a wonderful way to start the day. This recipe is perfect because you can make the casserole ahead of time. Transfer the french toast to a serving plate and top with berries and a dash of powdered sugar. A delicious, hot breakfast is ready in minutes. Read on for step by step instructions and make ahead tips!
Make Ahead Tips
- Two Days Prior: I start the preparations two days prior to serving with assembling the casserole and placing in the refrigerator.
- One Day Prior: On the day before we add the Crumble Mixture and bake the casserole. Let it cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Breakfast: When ready to enjoy, just reheat in the microwave. Then top this delicious Cinnamon French Toast Bake with powdered sugar and a few strawberries!
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
Assembling the Casserole
- Select Your Bread: We start with two loaves of Cinnamon Bread. Do not be concern if you cannot locate Cinnamon Bread. Substitute a thick bread and add more cinnamon to the egg and milk mixture.
- Prepare Pan: Spray a 9×11 inch glass pan sprayed with non-stick spray,
- Remove Crust: Using a knife, remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Separate Bread: Keep the two loaves of bread separate because half of the slices is used for the cream cheese.
- Add Cream Cheese: Take one loaf of bread slices and spread softened cream cheese on them.
- Top: Next top with a slice of bread without cream cheese.
- Cut into Four: Cut each cream cheese bread sandwiches into four cubes.
- Make Egg Mixture: Now it is time to make the egg and milk mixture. Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Dip Each Bread Cube: Dip the cream cheese bread sandwiches cubes into the egg and milk mixture until moist.
- Layer in Pan: Place each bread cube into the glass pan making two layers. Pour any remaining liquid over bread.
- Refrigerate: Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for a couple of hours.
Finishing and Baking the Casserole
- Preheat Oven: When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove casserole from the refrigerator.
- Prepare Crumble Mixture: At this time prepare your crumble mixture. In a small pan, melt the butter adding brown sugar, Maple Syrup and chopped pecans.
- Add Mixture to Casserole: Place the Crumble Mixture evenly over the French Toast.
- Bake Casserole: Bake about 40-minutes or until a knife comes out relatively clean.
- Add Toppings and Serve: Add any additional toppings such as strawberries when you plate it for breakfast!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Indian Spice Tea
Apple Cinnamon Cake
Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
Cinnamon French Toast BakePin Recipe
- Cutting board and knife
- 9 x 13 inch glass pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
French Toast Ingredients
- 2 Loaves Cinnamon Bread
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 6 Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Crumble Mixture Ingredients
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Fresh strawberries or other fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Maple sugar
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass pan.
- Using a knife, remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Spread softened cream cheese on one slice of bread then top with a second slice of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into four cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Dip bread cubes into milk mixture until moist. Place in the prepared pan making two layers. Pour any remaining liquid over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and remove glass pan from the refrigerator.
- At this time prepare your crumble mixture.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the brown sugar until melted.
- Add the Maple Syrup and then chopped pecans.
- Place the crumble mixture evenly over the french toast.
- Bake uncovered about 40-minutes or until a knife comes out relatively clean.
- Add any additional toppings when you plate it for breakfast!
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
- The casserole can be assembled the night before and stored in the refrigerator.
- The next day take it out of the refrigerator while the oven is preheating make the crumble topping.
34 thoughts on “Cinnamon French Toast Bake”
Simply delicious 😋
Thank you! We just love having it on Christmas morning and the days that follow.
And that smell of cinnamon 😋 Heaven 😉🌸
I so agree! 💕
I absolutely adore french toast and this recipe takes it to another level. It sounds delicious 😊
I love this recipe. I bake it the prior night to save time in the morning. It is great with or without fruit. My preference is with strawberries and blueberries. I hope you enjoy it! 🍽🍽🍽🍽
That’s a good idea, Bernice…my favourite fruit with it are banana and pineapple 🙂 x
That sounds good too!!
Yummy! I am nervous about making this recipe because it will be so good I will eat a lot of it all at once. However, I am so going to do this – perhaps for a Christmas morning breakfast! I have pinned this for future!
I make it once a year for Christmas. We really enjoy it and look forward to our special French Toast Bake each year. 🙂
Wow Bernice that is right up my alley!!!!! Thank you for sharing it!
Thank you! It is fantastic and I am sure you could add some of your own special touches. 💕💕💕
Yummmmmmy!!!! Bernice! You just gave me a happy craving! My oh my! ❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕 Have a happy LOVE-filled day!!!!! 💛☀️🌼😀💛☀️🌼😀
Your welcome! The Cinnamon French Toast Bake is unbelievable! And makes everyone happy! Thanks for stopping by Supper Plate! Have a fantastic day!
Bernice, killer combination of ingredients with cinnamon bread, cream cheese and fresh strawberries. This is a fesst😘😘😘
It really is delicious. I am a huge fan of cinnamon and other warm spices. 🍽🍽🍽
Thank you for the reblog. I hope your readers enjoy the warm, tasty breakfast. 💕
This sounds so good!
Thanks! We enjoy it every year for Christmas. 😊
Looks yummy! I made baked french toast for the first time (oh wait, only time) last Christmas for our Christmas Brunch. It was divine! What am I waiting for? I must make it again! You’ve reminded me of a very special dish!
I love it from how simple it is to make and how delicious it is to enjoy!!
Oh! Looks definitely delectable! 💕
Thank you! I make it every Christmas eve to enjoy Christmas morning and the rest of the week. Bed and Breakfast inspired and quick and easy to make.
Good golly gosh… that looks far to irresistible! How can I not want to have some of that!! 😁🥂👍
My husband and I enjoy this casserole every Christmas. In fact we are just finishing our second casserole for this Christmas. 🍽
Oh the Christmas feasting… delectable!! 🤣
Yes and now the new year’s reduction of calories! LOL
No no… that’s the critical mistake!! Don’t count calories… count CARBS!! 😁😁😁
There is truth to that statement. I measure a balance of protein, carbs and healthy fat.
Me… as a T2D must avoid the cards… yes, that’s not easy… but hey, it’s officially purge time in our house as of today!🤣🤣🤣
That would be hard. With the new years I am exploring new recipes that are low carbs that people could also modify. We try to keep our carbs in check. But that is harder around the holidays.
Love the casserole!