Today I am sharing a wonderful Cranberry Bread that we served at Thanksgiving and is wonderful for any special occasion! It is an easy healthier recipe blending together different flavors for a holiday bread that is not sweet but isn’t sour either. Plus it makes two-loaves to enjoy one now and freeze one for later! It warms up nicely in the oven or microwave and can be enjoyed on its own, with butter, jelly, or other fun topping!!
Cranberry and Toasted Pecans Holiday Bread
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 ¼ cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ¾ cup Fat-Free Milk
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries Coarsely Chopped
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans Toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; prepare two 8x4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Once well mixed, stir in the cranberries and pecans. Divide evenly between the two pans.
- Bake about 50-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-minutes on a cooling rack. Then loosen sides of the bread using a knife or spatula to remove from the loaf pans to fully cool.
- Once cooled, wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator, counter top, or freeze.