With the new year, we are looking for more healthy options. And for many of us, it is a winner if it includes a little chocolate! Are there any chocolate lovers? Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins is one of my favorite “Go To” recipes! Healthy meals and snacks can be difficult without planning ahead. Meal planning can be a challenge until you identify several easy to make recipes. Ideally a couple of these recipes can be made in bulk with freezing individual servings. This Oatmeal Muffin recipe from Beachbody’s 21-Day Fix program has stood the test of time as a go-to snack for the past several years.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
There are different options you can select from when making these delicious banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. My preference is walnuts and dark chocolate for that daily chocolate fix without the guilt! Other options could include fresh blueberries, pecans, raisins, and dried fruit. For the spices, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg work well for me; however you can make any changes that meets your preference. I tend to enjoy a lot of spices in my muffins. The aroma of these muffins while they are baking is heavenly! Let them cool slightly and enjoy! They do not require butter or other condiments.
Make Ahead Muffins
I make two or more batches and once they are cooled completely, place each muffin in an individual sandwich bag to freeze. Then place in a larger freezer safe ziplock bag to keep them fresh. The night before take one out of the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy this yummy muffin, microwave for 30-seconds. To include a protein, consider topping the muffin with plain Greek Yogurt to turn it into a small meal. They pair together wonderfully! Another option is to include a protein shake or eggs.
Recipe is courtesy of BeachBody. Click here for Beachbody’s recipe. My version is modified. If you are following the 21-Day Fix Container Food Program, be sure to follow BeachBody’s recipe for correct containers.
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Using Blueberries is also a great option. My only caution is they do not last too long since blueberries will go bad.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins (21-Day Fix)
- 2½ cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ cup Walnuts Chopped
- 2 Large Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Homemade
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1 Tbsp. Raw Local Honey
- 1½ cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips OR Blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350. Use a 12-muffin pan and place your paper liners into the cups.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Add the Almond Milk to the dry ingredients.
- Then mix in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Mix in the Dark Chocolate Chips or Blueberries or add directly to each muffin when spooning into the muffin pan.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan. Roughly 1/4 cup per muffin. Sometimes I add about 1/8 cup to each muffin, then sprinkle the Dark Chocolate Chips or Blueberries to better distribute them across muffins. Then add the remaining batter.
- Bake for about 25-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out fairly clean.