Does anyone remember homemade birthday cakes topped with a Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting? Maybe a birthday cake with all your friends gathering to enjoy one of mom’s wonderful homemade cakes! Then look no further. This easy to make frosting contains five ingredients typically found in the pantry and refrigerator. Perfect for your own homemade chocolate layered cake or cupcakes.Jump to Recipe
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
Gather and measure your ingredients. If you do not have Unsweetened Almond Milk, then substitute regular milk. In a medium size bowl, cream the Kerrygold Butter. Add the peanut butter mixing until smooth. It looks so beautiful! Slowly add the Confectioners Sugar adding the Unsweetened Almond Milk and vanilla to make it easier to blend. You can add more milk depending upon the desired thickness of the Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting. My preference is a thickness where the frosting sticks to a spoon. It is so good, you can eat it right out of the bowl! Lastly, you can add Unsweetened Cocoa Powder for a Peanut Butter Chocolate frosting!
Frosting the Cake
Before frosting a cake or cupcakes, I place them in the refrigerator because it helps with loose crumbs getting into the Frosting. A cake decorating turntable is helpful in rotating the cake while frosting. There are different frosting utensils that can make life easier. I find having a spoon to transfer the frosting from the bowl to cake helpful, plus a flat spatula to spread and smooth out the frosting. This recipe covers a double layer cake with Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting to spare! My Homemade Chocolate Cake works perfectly with this frosting!
Start with placing the first cake layer on a plate with adding a generous scoop of Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting. Using a spatula, spread the frosting across the cake top. Then add the second cake layer and repeat the same steps. Using a flat spatula scoop some of the frosting carefully applying to the cake sides working around the cake. As a final step look for any areas that is missing frosting or require smoothing.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy:
Fluffy Peanut Butter FrostingPin Recipe
- Mixing bowl and mixer (ie., stand up mixer or hand mixer)
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup Kerrygold Butter softened
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter smooth
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar sifted
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting Preparation
- Using a mixer, cream the Kerrygold Butter in a medium size bowl.
- Mix in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the confectioners sugar along with the vanilla and Unsweetened Almond Milk.
- Add more Unsweetened Almond Milk if the frosting is too thick.
- If not using immediately, place into an air-proof container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator. Remove prior to using to get soft enough to spread on the cake.