Enjoy a healthy, inviting Garbanzo Bean Salad with its beautiful colors and blending of fresh flavors. A perfect salad for picnics and potluck dinners. It is easy to make ahead with tossing together just prior to serving! Or mix together earlier with adding the chopped avocados and fragrant herbs when serving. Either way this salad is sure to be a hit at the party!Jump to Recipe
Garbanzo Bean Salad Dressing
A Red Wine Dressing is perfect for this salad and any extra can be used with other salads. Plus as a time saver, make it ahead of time storing in the refrigerator. We use a blend of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Almond Oil to add a layer of subtle nutty flavor to the dressing. Another option is Walnut Oil with its rich, nutty flavor. To make this dressing, start with measuring the ingredients. To make it easier, use a canning jar to pour in the ingredients, shake and then store in the refrigerator! It is that simple!
Preparing the Garbanzo Bean Salad
To get started, purchase the beans you like or raid your pantry like we did! Our salad includes Garbanzo beans, Cannellini Beans and Lima Beans. Other options could include Kidney Beans, Wax Beans, or Green Beans. Drain, rinse and place the beans into a large mixing bowl. Drain a can of sweet corn or boil a couple of cobs of corn removing the corn. Add the corn to the large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, add a chopped cucumber, diced red bell pepper, and chopped cherry tomatoes. Gently stir in the fresh vegetables into the bean and corn mixture. Pour the Red Wine Dressing over the salad. Add the avocado and fresh Cilantro or Parsley when serving to maintain freshness. We stored the salad in the refrigerator for several days.
If you prefer a “fresher” salad, then consider making smaller batches of the salad with an appropriate amount of the Red Wine Dressing. Another option is to make the dressing and prep your salad ingredients tossing together just before serving. This is a fun salad to make since you can change up the ingredients based upon what is in season or in your pantry. Doesn’t this salad look awesome!
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy:
Garbanzo Bean Salad
Red Wine Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil for dressings
- ¼ cup Almond Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Lima Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Sweet Corn drained or corn off the cob
- 1 ½ cup Cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Avocados chopped and add when serving
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro or Italian Flat-leaf Parsley finely chopped and add when serving
Red Wine Dressing Preparation
- Pour all ingredients into a mason jar.
- Place the lid on the jar, and shake until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Drain the corn.
- Chop or dice the cucumbers, red bell peppers and cherry tomatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl add the beans. Stir to mix together.
- Continue to add the prepared ingredients mixing together.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove the Red Wine Dressing from the refrigerator. Shake the covered mason jar to re-mix the ingredients. Then pour on the salad – tossing the ingredients with the dressing.
- When ready to serve add avocado and fresh cilantro or Italian flat-leaf parsley to maintain the freshness of those ingredients.