At $2.00 a bowl, Guinness Chili is not your Mother’s Chili! It has a wonderful complex layering of flavors with the Chili Sauce, Chili Powder, Worcestershire Sauce and of course Guinness Stout! It leaves you wanting more! Guinness Chili is a hearty chili recipe that is perfect as a meal or can be made thicker as an appetizer. Perfect for Game Day and any time of the year. Serve it for dinner with Cornbread or with Tortilla Chips as an appetizer. Read on for step by step instructions.
If you enjoy this recipe and the tips, would you consider giving us a 5 star rating and a comment? It would help us with our Google rankings. Thank you for the consideration!
Guinness Foreign Extra Stout Beer adds a nice undertone. I know. It can be hard to sacrifice a bottle of Guinness. But trust me, the additional layer of flavor is worth it! This is my favorite style of chili and I believe it was the best Chili with the addition of Guinness Beer. Sometimes it can be difficult to locate Foreign Extra Stout. In those cases I use Guinness Extra Stout or whatever type of Guinness available. If needed you can substitute a can of Beef Broth.
Guinness Chili Appetizer
Guinness Chili makes a wonderful appetizer by reducing the liquids resulting in a thicker chili. The below Chili is perfect thickness for an appetizer making it easy to scoop with tortilla chips. It makes a wonderful appetizer for game day! If your chili comes out too thick, just add another can of tomatoes!
Preparing the Guinness Chili
- Simmer Veggies: In a large soup pot, heat a tablespoon of Olive Oil to simmer the diced onions and chopped green peppers.
- Cook the Meat: At the same time cook the ground turkey or ground beef in another pan with Olive Oil. Add the cooked meat to the soup pot.
- Chili Sauce: Stir in the Chili Sauce, powder, spices, and puree tomatoes. The chili has a beautiful, rich appearance.
- Beans: Drain, rinse and add the beans.
- Add Guinness: Pour in the beautiful, dark Guinness Extra Stout!
- Simmer: Let simmer for for 2 or more hours!
- Cornbread: Make your cornbread and prepare any other toppings such as shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Store: Guinness Chili gets better every day. I prefer to make it one day before serving. Place cooked chili in an air proof container storing in the refrigerator.
Guinness Chili The Perfect Comfort Food!
- Large skillet
- Large soup pot
- Cutting board and knife
Ingredients Step 1
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 pounds Ground Turkey
Ingredients Step 2
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 cup Green Pepper diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
Ingredients Step 3
- 2 oz Chili Powder or more to your taste
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
Ingredients Step 4
- 2 Guinness Foreign Extra Stout or Beef stock (22-ounces)
- 24 ounces Chili Sauce medium or hotter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce reduced sodium
- 1 Crushed Puree Tomatoes 28 ounces
Ingredients Step 5
- 1 Dark Red Kidney Beans 15.5 oz drained and rinsed
- 1 Cannellini Beans 15.5 oz drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Chili Beans 16 oz drained and rinsed
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Chives
Preparation Step 1
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil and heat. Add ground turkey; cook for about 10-minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preparation Step 2
- While the turkey is cooking, cover the bottom of a large soup pot with olive oil and heat. Add chopped onions and green peppers. Simmer while ground turkey is cooking. Add the garlic just before adding the turkey and cook for a few minutes. Strain the cooked Ground Turkey and add to the soup pot and stir. If using Ground Beef, rinsed the cooked Ground Beef to remove excess fat.
Preparation Step 3
- Add ingredients from step 3. I like to stir the spices and chili powder into the turkey mixture before adding any liquids. That way the cooked turkey is evenly coated.
Preparation Step 4
- Add ingredients from step 4 including the Guinness Stout! I like to incorporate each ingredient into the turkey mixture before adding the next ingredient. Simmer for an hour to blend the flavors.
Preparation Step 5
- Add your beans and simmer for another 30-minutes.
- Serve with sharp cheddar cheese and cornbread. You can serve the toppings in separate bowls so everyone can prepare their own bowl of chili. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
Other Game Day Recipes You May Enjoy
A High Protein Super Bowl Buffalo Wing Dip (Keto Friendly)
Buffalo Style Meatballs!
Buffalo Style Potatoes
Super Bowl Cast Iron Skillet Authentic Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza
Super Bowl Cast Iron Skillet Authentic Buffalo Wing Blue Cheese Pizza
Sloppy Joe Mix