Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
At 25 cents a serving, Instant Pot Jasmine Rice is a wonderful way to make the perfect rice in less time than the traditional stove top method. When making Jasmine Rice on the stove top I simmer the rice for 20-minutes and let rest for 10-minutes. Total time invested: 30-minutes not including time to bring the water to boil. Instant Pot method is 4-minutes to cook and 10-minutes to naturally release the steam. Total time invested: 14-minutes not including time for the Instant Pot to come to temperature. And no more worrying if the rice is overcooked or undercooked! It comes out perfect. Read on for step by step instructions. Refer to our Instant Pot Basmati Rice for another Instant Pot recipe.
If you enjoy this recipe and the tips, would you consider giving us a 5 star rating and a comment? It would help us with our Google rankings. Thank you for the consideration!
Ratio of Rice to Water
We tested Jasmine Rice in an Instant Pot IP-Lux. Rice is rinsed until the water runs clear prior to cooking in the Instant Pot.
- 1:1.25 led to an al dente rice. The rice texture is underdone since it ran out of water during cooking.
- 1:1.50 led to a perfect, moist rice with no need to pre-soak the rice saving time.
Making the Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Rinse: Rinse the Jasmine Rice until the water runs clear.
- Water: Measure desired amount of water based upon ratio to the rice and desired tenderness of the rice.
- Instant Pot: Place water and rice into the Instant Pot and stir.
- Cover: Securely place the cover on the Instant Pot and lock into place.
- Venting Knob: Be sure the Venting Knob is in the Sealing Position.
- Cook: Cook on the Manual setting for 4-minutes. Once the Instant Pot reaches temperature, it will naturally release some steam.
- Natural Release: Use a natural release for 10-minutes.
- Removing the Lid: As a safety precaution use oven mitts to remove the lid. Remove the lid with the steam going away from your face.
- Fluff the Rice: Add the rice to a serving platter fluffing with a fork. Top with fresh herbs, sauce, or add to your favorite rice dish.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Instant Pot Jasmine RicePin Recipe
- Instant Pot
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 ½ cup Water
- Measure, rinse and drain the Jasmine Rice.
- Place water and rice into the Instant Pot and stir.
- Securely place the cover on the Instant Pot and lock into place.
- Be sure the Venting Knob is in the Sealing Position.
- Cook on the Manual setting for 4-minutes. Once the Instant Pot reaches temperature, it will naturally release some steam.
- Use a natural release for 10-minutes.
- As a safety precaution when removing the lid use oven mitts to remove the lid. Remove the lid with the steam away from your face.
- Add the rice to a serving platter fluffing with a fork. Top with fresh herbs, sauce or add to your favorite rice dish.
8 thoughts on “Instant Pot Jasmine Rice”
Jasmine Rice is my favorite kind of rice! This sounds so easy and good Bernice!
Thanks Diane. It is super easy and the rice comes out perfect! Hope all is well with you and your family.
The rice looks wonderful, and it sounds so easy to make it using the Instant Pot.
Thank you! It is so simple. I am now moving onto potatoes. 💕
My favorite, looks delicious!
Thank you! The rice came out perfect. 💕
Pressure cooker makes the work so much easier in the kitchen. The fragrance of basmati rice is too good as well as taste!!
I love Basmati rice and the Instant pot makes it perfect. A rice cooker never worked that well for me.