Mix together a batch of Kitchen Sink Cookies overflowing with yummy ingredients found in your pantry! Or make a trip to the Supermarket purchasing your favorite add-in cookie ingredients. Either way these cookies are fun to make, enjoy, and share with family and friends! Without a doubt they are a conversation starter perfect for any Holiday party or gathering.
Kitchen Sink Cookies Recipe
Start with searching your pantry for leftover baking ingredients or if needed, make a trip to the supermarket. This recipe provides an initial starting point of ratio of cookie dough to add-in ingredients. From there you could add less or slightly more add-in ingredients based upon desired chunkiness of the cookie.
Gather and measure your baking ingredients. In a small bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Using a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Now comes the fun part – mixing the add-in ingredients! The recommended add-in ingredients dominates the cookie dough making a large, chunky cookie. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking pans with parchment paper. Place large scoops of dough onto the prepared baking pans. For this recipe, I used a ¼ measuring cup for larger cookies. Place the baking pans into the oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are set. Let the cookies cool 5-minutes and then remove to a cookie rack to fully set. Place on a festive plate and enjoy!
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy:
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Drop Cookies
Sour Cream Drop Cookie
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Kitchen Sink Cookies
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
Ginger Snap Cookies
Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Cookie sheet
- Cookie cooling rack
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl and mixer (ie., stand up mixer or hand mixer)
- 1 Stick Butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Flour sifted
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder sifted
- ¾ tsp Salt
Recommended Add-In Ingredients
- ¾ cup Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Your Favorite Nuts chopped
- 1 ½ Variety of Chocolate Chips such as: semi-sweet, dark, white
- ½ cup M&Ms select colors suited to the occasion
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking pans with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Blend the sugar into the butter.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients blending until incorporated.
- Mix in your choice of add-in ingredients
- Place large scoops of dough onto the prepared baking pan. I used a ¼-measuring cup for large cookies.
- Bake 11 – 13 minutes until cookies are set.
- Let cool 5-minutes on the baking pan and then remove to a cookie rack to fully set.