Do you need a new dish for a special occasion? Look no further! Vegetable Linguine Primavera is a simple, colorful gourmet meal layered with a variety of fresh baby vegetables and freshly chopped herbs! Lastly, it is topped with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and roasted pine nuts. Make a large batch because it warms over nicely the next day.
Linguine Primavera Ingredients
Linguine Primavera is a fun dish to select your favorite ingredients and serving dish to showcase! For Christmas I received a wonderful Mediterranean Pasta basket with an Italian Spice Linguine, which is perfect for this dish. However, any Linguine or similar pasta works nicely. Next select a variety of fresh baby vegetables cutting them to the desired size. Adding fragrant fresh basil add a wonderful bright, sweet flavor balanced with fresh parsley with its slight bitter flavor. Lastly top this delicious dish with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and roasted pine nuts. If you don’t like pine nuts or cannot find them – a substitute would need to have a sweet, subtle flavor adding the final gourmet touch.
Preparing a Healthy Pasta Primavera
Start with a large skillet that will accommodate both the pasta and vegetables. Cook the vegetables in the butter. At the same time boil the linguine in salt water reserving a small amount of the water. Once the vegetables are at a desired tenderness, add the heavy cream, peas, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Gently stir in the fresh herbs. While simmering the sauce if it becomes too thick, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water. When the Linguine is tender, drain and add to the vegetables and cream sauce. Then season the Linguine Primavera with salt and pepper. This meal presents nicely in a warming dish on low heat. Top with more fresh herbs, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and toasted pine nuts.
To make a healthier version consider steaming the vegetables adding half of the butter for flavor. Lastly, instead of using the heavy cream experiment using Half and Half since it has 12% fat as compared to Heavy Cream with 38% fat. Half and Half is part heavy cream and part whole milk. Another option is Light Cream at 20% fat and is richer than Half and Half.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Sauce
Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Easy Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles
Linguine Primavera with Baby VegetablesPin Recipe
- Cutting board and knife
- Large pasta pot
- Large skillet
- 1 cup Baby Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cup Baby Leeks thinly sliced
- 1 cup Baby Zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen Sweet Peas thawed
- 12 oz. Italian Spice Linguine
- 6 tbsp. Butter organic
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Basil and Parsley chopped
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil and Parsley chopped
- Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts toasted
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing into bite size pieces.
Linguine Primavera Preparation
- In a large pasta pot bring salted water to a boil.
- Add the Linguine and cook based upon the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, scoop out about 1-1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water and put aside.
- In a large skillet (large enough to hold the vegetables and cooked Linguine) melt the butter.
- Add the sliced vegetables, cover and simmer until tender.
- Add the heavy cream, peas, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Stir in the herbs.
- If while simmering the sauce it becomes too thick, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water.
- When the Linguine is tender, drain and add to the vegetables and cream sauce. Then season the Linguine primavera with salt and pepper.
- This meal presents nicely in a warming dish on low heat. Top with additional fresh herbs, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and the toasted pine nuts.
23 thoughts on “Linguine Primavera”
Thanx for the recipe, Bernice.
Thank you! It is delicious! Gourmet without being overly complicated to make. 🙂
What a delicious and healthy recipe Bernice!
Thank you! It was a fun meal to make and enjoy. 💕🍴🍴🍴
Thank you! I made it for my husband’s birthday. It was delicious. 💕💕💕
It looked delicious! 🙂
Thank you! 💕💕💕
Happy Birthday to your husband too. 🙂
Bernice, this vegetable dish looks very tasty and with the addition of herbs it must be having wonderful aroma of flavours.
Thank you! Yes it has a wonderful aroma and fresh taste with the veggies and herbs! 💕
Looks so good.
Thank you! It is delicious! 💕 💕 💕
Looks yummy, 🙂
Thank you! It was fun to make and serve. 💕
What a healthy dish!
Thank you! We enjoy it. 💕
You’re welcome! ❤️🌺
Looks amazing. 😍
Thank you! It was a fun meal to make and enjoy. 💕