For Christmas, my mother made her wonderful Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies. How wonderful to have a cookie surrounding a delicious Hershey Kiss! It is the center of the cookie in all its glory. As a child Hershey Kisses were so much fun. Around Christmas they came in beautiful wrapped colors just like little Christmas gifts. I loved seeing a glass bowl overflowing with Hershey Kisses. By the end of the night the bowl was filled with empty wrappers! Those were the days!
It is important that the Peanut Butter Blossoms cookie has the correct relation to the Hershey Kiss. I do not want the cookie to overtake the chocolate. And my mother always got that ratio correct. I like to eat the cookie with some of the candy making sure I leave enough of the Hershey Kiss as the finale. Yep, Hershey Kisses are one of my weaknesses and I do not keep them in the house. Far too dangerous!
Peanut Butter Blossom Recipe
Let’s start making our Peanut Butter Blossom cookies! In a large bowl, cream together the Crisco and sugar until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients of peanut butter, egg, vanilla and milk blending well before adding the next ingredient. Add the flour, salt and baking soda until incorporated into the Crisco mixture. Place ½ cup sugar in a small bowl large enough to roll the cookies. Line a couple of cookie pans with parchment paper. Start shaping the dough into balls using a tablespoon. Roll each shaped dough into the sugar that you put aside for the topping and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 10 – 12 minutes. Immediately top each hot Peanut Butter Blossom cookie with a Hershey Kiss. Let cool on the pan, remove to a cooling rack, and then store in an air-tight container.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Kitchen Sink Cookies
Sour Cream Drop Cookie
Chocolate Drop Cookie
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
Ginger Snap Cookies
Peanut Butter BlossomsPin Recipe
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl and mixer (ie., stand up mixer or hand mixer)
- Small bowl
- Cooling racks
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter smooth
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 3/4 cup Flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 48 Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the Crisco and sugar until smooth/
- Add the remaining wet ingredients blending well before adding the next ingredient.
- Add dry ingredients until incorporated into the Crisco mixture.
- Place ½ cup sugar in a small bowl large enough to roll the cookies.
- Shape dough into balls using a tablespoon.
- Roll each shaped dough into the sugar that you put aside for the topping and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place each completed cookies two inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Immediately top each hot cookie with a Hershey Kiss.
- Let cool on the pan, remove to a cooling rack, and then store in an air-tight container.