The Fall season is wonderful with its vibrant colors and delicious smells of hearty stews simmering on the stovetop. For many it is also a busy time with holiday preparations and celebrations. Time starts to slip by quickly. This easy to make Pumpkin Cake is perfect when time is short. We start with a Yellow Cake Mix adding spices, pumpkin puree and a few other ingredients for our own homemade touch! A simple glaze finishes this super-moist cake! Grab a decorative plate and serve with a side of ice cream.Jump to Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
This super easy recipe starts with a Yellow Cake Mix and adding 1 tablespoon of your favorite pumpkin spices. Our selections include cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. (Cloves are also a great option.) Of course it would not be Pumpkin Cake without adding pumpkin puree! For more flavor, orange juice is added as a compliment to the pumpkin puree. To ensure we have a moist cake, sour cream is part of our recipe. And of course, eggs and vanilla is part of the cake. Mix it all up then pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the bundt pan.
Once the cake is cool, drizzle a simple glaze. In a small bowl, cream a little butter and add Confectioners’ Sugar. Depending upon desired consistency add milk and orange juice. You can easily change this glaze to include different flavors or even change to a cream cheese base topping. Serve with a side of ice cream, homemade whipped topping or a caramel sauce. Regardless if you purchase or make the topping, this Pumpkin Cake is excellent! And do not wait for fall to enjoy as this is wonderful any time of the year.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
- Bundt pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small bowl
- Hand mixer
- Cooling rack
- Medium bowl
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Allspice
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 ¼ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Butter softened
- 2 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp Milk Skim
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray and flour a Bundt pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, blend together the wet ingredients using a mixer.
- Slowly add dry ingredients mixing until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before removing from Bundt pan.
- Cool completely before adding the Glaze.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter.
- Slowly add the Confectioners’ Sugar.
- Add the milk and orange juice based upon desired Glaze consistency.