Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread was a happy accident. After making the Pumpkin Banana pies for Thanksgiving, we had 1 cup of pumpkin puree leftover. It went into the refrigerator for later consideration. We did not have a bread option for dinner. Something with cinnamon felt like a good option. Then I remember we had that cup of pumpkin puree leftover. And that led to a Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread that is more like a dessert. Quickly I whipped up a recipe with fingers crossed. The kitchen filled with the aroma of warm spices blending together while the bread is baking. After letting the bread cool long enough to handle, we sliced super-moist warm chunks topping it with Kerrygold butter that melted over the bread. Heaven on earth is my description!
Making Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread
Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread is a really easy recipe to make plus the bread does not require yeast nor time to rise. Start with sifting the dry ingredients that includes cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In a larger bowl, mix together the wet ingredients and then add the sugar and brown sugar. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until blended.
Next we pour part of the batter into prepared loaf pan. I like to spray my pans with non-stick spray that includes flour. Sprinkle about 75% of the cinnamon sugar mixture over batter. Feel free to be creative in how you add the cinnamon sugar for final presentation after baking. Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar batter and use a spatula to smooth batter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the batter. Slightly mix the cinnamon sugar into the batter. Or leave it as is for a crust like topping which is also delicious. Once you wrap the Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread, the crust softens the next day.
Place the Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread in a preheated oven. Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean or internal temperature is between 195 and 205 degrees. Cool 15 minutes and remove from pan. Doesn’t it look delicious with the crusty cinnamon topping complementing the pumpkin and spice bread! Grab a generous slice and top with Kerrygold Butter and sprinkle a bit more cinnamon sugar! Once cooled, wrap tightly with Saran wrap or something similar to keep the air from drying out the bread. It reheats nicely in the microwave for that just bake aroma! Enjoy with your dinner or any time you want a yummy slice of bread!
Thank you for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread
- Loaf Pan : 9 x 5 or 11 x 5
- Small, Medium and Large size bowls
- 1 ¾ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- ½ cup Olive Oil for baking not salads
- ⅓ cup Vanilla Almond Milk no sugar added
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 tbsp Dark Molasses
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup Raisins
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 5 or 11 x 5 loaf pan with non-stick flour spray
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean or an internal temperature between 195 and 205 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, sift together dry ingredients
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon sugar. Measurements are approximate.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the wet ingredients and then add the sugars.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients
- Pour part of the batter into prepared loaf pan
- Sprinkle about 75% of the cinnamon sugar mixture over batter
- Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar batter
- Use a spatula to smooth the batter
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the batter. Mix into the batter slightly if desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean or an internal temperature between 195 and 205 degrees
- Cool 15 minutes, remove from pan