Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower is a wonderful casserole that you can make ahead of time baking just before serving. What a great time savings when you are juggling multiple dishes for dinner. The heavy lift is over including the dishes! We start with partially roasting the cauliflower and then assembling the casserole. Pop into the oven just before dinner and then add any additional toppings. Makes life so much easier! Read on for step by step instructions.
Making Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
We start with rinsing, chopping and drying the cauliflower. When ready to prepare the casserole, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Toss the cauliflower with olive oil. Place on prepared baking pan in a single layer. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Place the roasted cauliflower in a small baking dish. Top with Parmesan Cheese and Basil. Return to the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh herbs and dried cranberries.
Make Ahead Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
When making the Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower ahead of time, let the cauliflower cool after the initial baking time. Place the cooled cauliflower in a small baking dish. Top with Parmesan Cheese and Basil. Cover and place in the refrigerator. Remove the prepared Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower from the refrigerator to let it come to room temperature before placing in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh herbs and dried cranberries. You may need to increase the baking time if you do not bring the cauliflower to room temperature.
Options to Top the Roasted Cauliflower
We start with roasting the cauliflower in the oven for 15 minutes. At this point, you have a blank canvas to create a delicious side dish. Select your favorite cheese and dried seasoning to sprinkle over the roasted cauliflower. In our version, we went heavy with the dried basil but it is a favorite herb of ours! Place the baking pan in the oven to finish the baking process. Upon removal add fresh herbs and dried fruit. Be creative as this recipe is a great starting point.
Thank You for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
- Cutting board and knife
- Baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil
- Small bowl
- Small baking pan
- 5 cups Cauliflower chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Basil
- Fresh Cilantro or Parsley
- Dried Cranberries
- Rinse, chop and dry the cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare a baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil for easy cleanup
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil in a small bowl
- Place on prepared baking pan in a single layer
- Season with freshly ground salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven
- If making ahead let it cool otherwise place in a small baking pan
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and Basil (or your favorite ingredients)
- Return to the oven to bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh herbs and cranberries