When hosting dinner parties, we like our guests to enjoy different types of desserts. This is when bite size portions are perfect for them to sample different yummy options. In our quest to include new desserts we made a semi-homemade Strawberry Bread Pudding. It was a hit and so easy to make! We start with making homemade bread pudding and to save time we added a canned strawberry pie filling. When ready to serve, just add a scoop to a small glass with a tiny spoon. Place the strawberries desserts on a festive platter for a beautiful presentation!Jump to Recipe
Making the Strawberry Bread Pudding
We start with spraying the baking ramekins with a non-stick spray and locating a large baking dish that accommodates the ramekins. In a heavy saucepan bring the half and half, brown sugar, and butter to a boil and then simmer until the brown sugar is dissolved. In a medium heat-proof bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla together. Slowly add the hot mixture into the egg mixture being careful to not cook the eggs! Add the cubed bread and stir until evenly coated. Add the strawberry pie topping to the prepared ramekins and top them with the bread pudding mixture. Place the ramekins in the large baking dish. Add about ½ inch of hot water to the baking pan and place in the oven. Be careful because the water might make it heavy to move. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 – 25 minutes until the bread pudding is set.
When ready to serve, loosen the bread pudding by separating the edges with a butter knife and turn over onto a small dessert plate. Consider topping with cinnamon sugar or whipped cream.
Consider spooning the Strawberry Bread Pudding into bite-size serving dishes to make a pretty presentation. Don’t they look wonderful surrounded by other yummy bite-size desserts!
Thank you for Following Supper Plate
You May Also Enjoy
Strawberry Bread Pudding
- 1 ½ cups Half-and-Half light
- ½ cup Brown Sugar dark
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Stale Italian Bread cubed with no crusts
- ½ cup Strawberry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray 8 ramekins or baking cups with non-stick spray
- A large baking dish for the ramekins or baking cups
- Bake for about 15 – 25 minutes until the bread pudding is set
Bread Pudding Preparation
- Combine ingredients from Step 1 in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer until brown sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium size heat-proof bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla together.
- Slowly mix the hot mixture to the egg mixture, being careful to not cook the eggs.
- Stir in the cubed bread.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the strawberry pie topping to each of the prepared baking cups or ramekins.
- Top them with the bread pudding mixture.
- Place the ramekins in a large baking dish. Add about ½ inch of hot water to the baking pan and place in the oven. Be careful because the water might make it heavy to move.
- Bake for about 15 – 25 minutes until the bread pudding is set.
- When ready to serve, loosen the bread pudding by separating the edges with a butter knife. Turn over onto a serving plate.