Do you need a new dish for a special occasion? Look no further! Vegetable Linguine Primavera is a simple, colorful gourmet meal packed with a variety of fresh baby vegetables and freshly chopped herbs! Make a large batch because it warms over nicely the next day.
Top it with additional fresh herbs, Parmigiano Reggiano, and roasted pine nuts. If you don’t like pine nuts or cannot find them – a substitute would need to have a sweet, subtle flavor while adding the gourmet touch to the final dish.
Linguine Primavera with Baby Vegetables
- 12 oz. Italian Spice Linguine
- 6 tbsp. Butter organic
- 1 cup Baby Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cup Baby Leeks thinly sliced
- 1 cup Baby Zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen Sweet Peas thawed
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Basil and Parsley chopped
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil and Parsley chopped
- Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts toasted
- Boil Linguine in a large pot of salted water. While the pasta is cooking, scoop out about 1-1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water and put aside.
- In a large skillet (large enough to hold the vegetables and cooked Linguine) melt the butter. Add the sliced vegetables, cover and simmer until tender. Add the heavy cream, peas, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Stir in the herbs. If while simmering the sauce it becomes too thick, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water.
- When the Linguine is tender, drain and add to the vegetables and cream sauce. Then season the Linguine primavera with salt and pepper.
- This meal presents nicely in a warming dish on low heat. Top with additional fresh herbs, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and the toasted pine nuts.