This wonderful Curry Chicken Salad with Raisins and Pine Nuts can be served as an appetizer or a meal! For an appetizer consider serving with crackers, mini pita bread sliced into smaller pieces, or crusty Italian bread.
For a meal use a larger whole wheat pita bread or serve on top of a bed of butter lettuce. However, you serve it – this salad is delicious! The measurements are approximate, I tend to add more curry powder since I adore the flavors it brings into a dish! If you can’t find pine nuts or do not care for them substitute another nut but be sure you chop them small because it should accent the dish.
Curry Chicken Salad with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- ½ tsp Garlic
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise Light
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Rotisserie Chicken chopped
- 1/3 cup Celery diced
- 3 tbsp Sweet Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts toasted
- 2 tbsp Raisins golden preferred
- 2 tbsp Flat-leaf Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Mini Pita Bread quartered
- Crusty Bread
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. In another bowl, combine the chicken salad ingredients.
- Add the dressing and blend all the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight before serving to allow the flavors to blend.